Current Projects and Activities
- Webinar series: Self-Advocates' Listening Sessions: Concerns and Experiences During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Peer Trainings by Wesley Witherspoon, USC UCEDD Consumer Advocate
- Family Support and Leadership programs and activities
- First Connections grant from First 5 LA for the Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) Initiative to develop a uniform protocol for screening for ASD across six pilot sites, train identified providers (including physicians, WIC providers, child care and early education providers, and parents of children with DD), and help pilot agencies build relationships with community-based resources.
- Consultation and Technical Assistance to address maternal depression in the caregivers of children served in hematology and other divisions at CHLA.
- Consultation and Technical Assistance to minority parent groups to engage their local regional centers in addressing current inequities in dollars spent and services provided to regional center clients who are Asian/Pacific Islander, Black, Hispanic, and American Indian.
- Technical Assistance to Cal State LA colleges and schools on grant opportunities which are focused on disability and related topics.
- Technical Assistance to Children's Institute, Inc., through a grant funded by First 5 LA to develop the materials used in training parents to become support group facilitators.
- Technical Assistance to the Chinese Parent Association for the Disabled (CPAD) and to Fiesta Educativa, Inc. Community Parent Resource Center (CPRC). Activities have included monthly staff development sessions for the CPRC, conduction on-going leadership training for advanced level parents.on building a mechanism for their youth and adult children with disabilities to learn about self-advocacy, and begin to engage in self-advocacy groups.